Monday, September 15, 2008

I am out of the 3-star rut!

I finally gave a movie more than 3 stars! On Saturday night, I watched 3 movies (or parts thereof): (1) Chaos Theory, (2) Awake, and (3) part of The Invasion. The first was disappointing; I liked the concept, but it just did not come to fruition the way that it could (or should) have. I gave it a 2, but was thinking closer to 2.5. The second was surprisingly good and was the movie to get me out of the 3-star rut. I gave it a 4 because I really liked it! Gina told me that it was awesome, but I had my doubts. Lastly, The Invasion was so bad that I did not even want to waste my not-so-precious time watching the whole thing. I hated it and only gave it 1 star.

Other than movie-watching, the weekend was pretty uneventful. I was a human GPS; R.G. called me to find out where this bar was and for other suggestions because he and the rest of the crew were not dressed appropriately for the place at which Tricia planned to party. The ironic part of this was that he was in NYC, and I was sitting at home in South Florida. Nice, right? I love that. Maybe that is my calling... maybe I will bill myself as the world's only real-time human GPS.

Last night, I finally ventured out of the house. D-Rock and I went to get ice cream at Cold Stone with a pit-stop before at McDonald's (because we agreed that we should eat some type of dinner before we ate ice cream). I had something different, which was really awesome. The Make-a-Wish Foundation launched a couple of creations, one of which is known as Jack's Creation (marshmallow ice cream with Oreos, chocolate chips, and fudge). That was the one that I got, and it was delicious! I could go for it right now... mmmmmmmm.

The next cake is in the works, so be on the lookout for the developments. I am awaiting images for my inspiration after which I will be drafting blueprints. Hint, hint, Britt.

On the job search front, I sent my resume out to several proofreading/editing jobs in the event that I do not get that freelance proofreading job that I really want. Keep your fingers crossed!

Last night's episode of Entourage was really good. As usual, I cannot wait until next Sunday. They really should consider extending the episodes to an hour in length. The half-hour (or, more accurately, 20-something minutes) passes too quickly.

Other TV notes of importance: the new season of House starts tomorrow night! I can't wait! Bean, I wish we could have a season premiere party!

That's all for today...

4 comments:

  1. Hbo needs to step up their game! The only reason I watch that channel is to get a quick glimpse at Entourage. Twenty eight minutes is only a tease and I think they should make it an hour episode

    Further I still am looking to lobby to bring ROME back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the NON 3 star rating!!! Yay! Maybe cake making is your calling... hmmm.... cake....image of Homer....drool.....donut....

    do as you enjoy... I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping all my fingers and, for that matter, all my toes crossed for the proofreading gig. It's right up your alley...


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo, you haven't heard anything from these peeps you keep sending your resumes too? lame-o, lame-o, lame.

    but, however, i am THRILLED to hear you have journeyed out of three star range.

    fyi, i am coming down the weekend of october 12th for multiple reasons, and i want to see you. perhaps dinner at lorenzo's? twould be sweet.

    you know...twould, like twas, only would not was. no? failure....

    ReplyDelete