Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another day, another cake...


Since my last entry, I have been considerably busier than usual. Between two cakes, two John Mayer concerts, and out-of-town visitors to hang out with, I had things to do (for a change).

On the job search front, today, I bookmarked a few leads (to which I need to go back and actually apply). Yesterday, I sent my resume out to somewhere that escapes my memory.

When I am not busy with my daily job search, I find myself in the kitchen, baking cakes gone wild. This is the most recent in the Cakes by Phone collection. By the time it was photographed, the "Miller" was not sticking in place as well as I would have liked, but you get the idea.

I wish I was Mexican because I love burritos more than life itself. (Granted, that doesn't say much these days since I am not loving life.) Anyway, I had a burrito from Tijuana Flats, which, while good, has nothing on Chipotle. Feel free to weigh in on your burrito comments.

Speaking of opinions, the last two movies that I watched were Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (3 stars) and August (which I gave 3 stars despite my disappointment). Tonight's Netflix fix is Smart People; I will let you know how that goes. The cast alone is promising; I remain optimistic.

Until tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. :Dude, I def hear you, I know looking for a job must be tough.
    I keep thinking something has to come up for you, I wish I had the answer for you. I am Loving the cakes, who was the Miller cake for? Looks amazing! And Onto netflix, they kep trying to get me back. Should I give in ? lol I wanted to see August but you have me thinking second thoughts, is it really that disappointing, that would suck. Totally Lovin the burrito talk, I'm thinking you had Lobo on your mind lol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. cake=excellent
    2. I went to Moe's for the first time the other day, and I was impressed to a certain extent. Granted, I got the fajita, not the burrito...but I sampled a friend's burrito and it was delicious. Albeit not wrapped as tightly as it could have been.
    3. Smart People was a little disappointing as most of the funny parts were in the trailer (as most movies wind up doing these days) but it made up for it in other surprising ways....
    4. still numbering...

    ReplyDelete