Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Am I your guitar hero or what????



If I was not before, then, I better be your guitar hero now that you have had the opportunity to check out these two pictures of the latest (and, quite possibly, dopest) cake in the Cakes by Phone repertoire thus far. I have opted to show you two pictures to ensure that you get the details -- plus, the angles are a little awkward, and I want to you have the best viewing experience possible! Tommy loved it!

The next cake is on the way. I had a plan, but I think that I have to deviate from it. You'll have to stay tuned to see how it turns out. Plus, since it is Gina's birthday, I have to go all out and make her cupcakes (which are easily transportable) to take to her impromptu party on Friday night. What a lucky girl she is to have a sister that will bake her a cake AND cupcakes...

In the absence of many of the regular game night crew, it was awesome that we had family game night last Saturday. Cranium was the board game du jour, and the birthday boy did tell me that I was godlike. That was a highlight. Throughout all of the randomly-selected team changes, Tommy and I remained on the same team, and we were undefeated! That's what I like to see!

This weekend's movie-watching included 88 Minutes, Snow Angels, and The Art of Travel. First of all, 88 Minutes was really good, 4-star worthy, in fact. Snow Angels left a lot to be desired, and I would have liked to give it a 2.5, but resorted to a 2. Lastly, The Art of Travel, while not great, really made me want to go on vacation without a plan. I gave it a 3 for evoking such sentiment. It was actually pretty cool (even if nobody else thought so -- the average star rating was less than 2). Don't get me wrong -- it was far from critical acclaim, but I liked the concept behind it. Also, the beginning part was AMAZING! You'll have to watch it to see what I mean.

Speaking of travel, I am going to the airport tonight to pick up Christina and Cathy before they head to Costa Rica tomorrow morning. I am soooooooooooo jealous! Luckily, my trip to NY is only one week and three days away; that will have to be the much needed consolation prize.

On one final note for today, I want to address Jamie's comments (since she wins the award for best follower as judged by her frequency of comments). Borrowing her term (and adding an apostrophe to make it more official and gramatically correct), 'twould be sweet to meet for dinner during the your visit home. Also, for the record, I love pancakes, and it would never be weird to eat pancakes made by someone else.

5 comments:

  1. that is awesome.. how on earth do you get that cake to stay up that way ...vertically speaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. That definitely is your most impressive cake so far!! Cakes By Phone... WHAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah after a day of trying to decide which sort of edible superglue you possess to get that cake to stay on the wall...I have decided that picture is turned sideways

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should look up a sugar-free recipe so we can bake a mini masterpiece for Uncle Kenny since we're taking over his place next week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is off the mother effing chain.

    ReplyDelete