Monday, December 15, 2008

The ultimate Christmas cake

As I mentioned in a recent posting, I designed a holiday cake. In fact, I had a cake party in its honor.


As you can see, the cake was definitely cake party-worthy, and a good time was had by all who attended.

The reason for the cake (given that it is premature for a Christmas cake) was I am entering it in a contest. I have been trying for the past hour to send the images, but to no avail! This is so frustrating.

In the meantime, nobody ever saw Gina's birthday cake, so I might as well post that now, too.


As everyone should know, Gina loves chocolate chip cookies, so what better medium for her birthday cake design? Getting the John Mayer logo right was quite a task -- given that you can't just roll out chocolate chip cookie dough, but I was pretty pleased with the end result. She loved it. I can't believe it took me this long (almost 3 months) to post a picture of it.

Let me get back to resolving this email issue...

6 comments:

  1. It makes me want to touch the tree. haha

    I also want to eat the letter J.

    Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cake! I would have totally eaten it as soon as I finished, I hope you win! Lol, my sis thinks the J was meant for her! Gina's cake is awesome too, makes me think
    I think I want something similiar with sugar wafers instead of chocolate chip cookies, topped off with peanuts, snickers, reeces peanut butter cups, m amd m's , milky ways, 3 muskateers, mounds bars, almond joys, and more

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake party was the bomb! Many truths were discovered (e.g. Calvin Klein has plus size models). The cake tasted as delicious as it looked, the tree was my favorite! I wish I could have the heart shaped chocolate chip cookie off Gina's cake. There is no way that you are not gonna win! Entourage/fabulous life here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so talented...........you should make a nyc tree cause you love it up here

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey girly girl.

    so, i'm sorry. i know its been forever since i've checked out the blog. i feel terrible. but oh my gosh, i'm in love with the cookie/chocolate cake. i mean, don't get me wrong, the christmas tree was highly impressive, considering the sheer height of the cake. you are becoming quite the artiste, lol. but i'm even more impressed with the cookies! the words and such...i want to do that right now.

    anyway, our pancake party was excellent this morning. hope this was an adequate post. i'm going to keep up from now on!!!! so don't worry, you can start holding your breath again.

    love,
    jamieeeee

    ReplyDelete